Almond Crusted Chicken with Strawberry Glaze
Ingredients for Glaze:
1/3 Cup Strawberry Jam or Preserves
1/3 Cup Chicken Broth
1/4 cup Sliced Green Onions
1 teaspoon Fresh Rosemary, chopped (or 1/4 teaspoon Dry Rosemary)
1 Tablespoon White Balsamic Vinegar
Ingredients for Chicken:
3/4 Cup Ground Almonds (use raw, unsalted almonds, and use a blender or food processor to grind them)
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 and 1/2 lbs. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (cutlets or tenders work best)
1 or 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil or Vegetable Oil
1. In a small bowl, mix together the glaze ingredients and set aside. (If you are making this dish to freeze, mix the ingredients in a small freezer bag, then set aside).
2. In a medium size bowl, mix together the ground almonds, salt, and black pepper. Lightly coat each piece of chicken with the ground almond mixture. (If you are making this dish to freeze, place the chicken in a single layer in an airtight container).
3. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet (you may need to cook the chicken in two batches). Cook each side for approximately four minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Boneless, skinless chicken should reach at least 165 degrees F.
4. Remove the chicken from the skillet and wipe out the skillet with a paper towel. Empty the strawberry glaze into the skillet and cook over medium heat for about five minutes, or until the glaze starts to bubble and slightly thicken.
5. Serve the sauce over the chicken. This dish is great over a bed of baby spinach! Enjoy.
If you made this dish to freeze, thaw in the refrigerator before cooking, and start at step 3 above.