Here's the recipe:
Blueberry Muffins (adapted from "To Die for Blueberry Muffins" from allrecipes, with minor changes) Makes 12 regular sized muffins.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose four, plus 1 Tbs.
- 3/4 cup white sugar(possibly a couple tablespoons more if your berries are on the tart side)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used canola)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk (buttermilk would probably be even better!)
- 1 tsp. fresh grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line muffin cups with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup, then add lemon zest. Mix this with flour mixture. Toss blueberries with 1 Tbs. flour. Fold blueberries into batter. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done. Enjoy! They will not last long!