Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cranberry Extravaganza Continued (White Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Cookies)


My cranberry extravaganza finished off with White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies.  There are several variations of this recipe around and I always wanted to try it.  I found this one on the internet.  They did not disappoint!  I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and best wishes to you all in the New Year. I am very excited to see what this new year brings...  hopefully plenty of cooking adventures and blogging!



White Chocolate Chip and Cranberry Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 Tbs. brandy
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries (craisins)

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Grease cookie sheets (or line with parchment paper). 
2.  In large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.  Beat in the egg and brandy. 
3.  Combine the flour and baking soda and stir into the sugar mixture.
4.  Gently mix in the white chocolate chips and cranberries. 
5.  Drop by spoonfulls* onto prepared cookie sheets.
6.  Bake 8-10 minutes.  Allow to cool 1 minute on cookie sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool.

*I made my cookies using approximately 1/2 Tbs. of raw dough for each one (so on the smallish side), and I got just over 3 dozen cookies from this recipe.

No comments: