Monday, August 16, 2010

Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole

As my former customers know, I didn't really do too many traditional casseroles at The Secret Chef.  This one caught my eye though, because it was just SO easy.  I had to try it!  It came out pretty decent.  I loved that the rice did not have to be cooked before assembling the casserole.  I was super lazy thrifty and used leftover rotisserie chicken.  I served it with steamed broccoli and baked sweet potatoes to make the dinner a little healthier.  This would be a good recipe to double and freeze one (unbaked) for later.  I tested it and it froze just fine!

Note to self:  Get some prettier casserole dishes if I am going to be making and photographing casseroles very often--  the photos came out very "blah". 



Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole
(serves 4)

3 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 (6 oz) box Uncle Ben's Wild Rice Mix
1 can cream of mushroom soup
approximately 2/3 can milk

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2.  Mix all ingredients together and pour into 2-quart casserole dish (sprayed with non-stick spray).
3.  Cover and bake 30 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments: